The April 18th deadline is around the corner, but it’s not too late to file your simple tax return for free!
Over the last six years, Americans filed approximately 70 million tax returns completely free of charge using TurboTax, more than all other tax prep software companies combined. Last tax season, more people filed their taxes with TurboTax and paid absolutely nothing than in any year in company history.
In general, you have a simple tax return if you:
- File Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR with no schedules
- Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR + unemployment income only with no schedules
- Have W-2 income
- Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
- Claim the standard deduction
- Claim Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit and unemployment income reported on Form 1099-G
- Don’t own a home or rental property
- Didn’t sell investments
You can easily and accurately file your federal Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR, as well as state returns, with the TurboTax Free Edition and pay nothing – $0 federal, $0 state, $0 to file so file now and be on your way to your maximum refund, guaranteed?m refund, guaranteed?
17 responses to “You May Still Be Eligible To File Your Taxes for Free!”