October 2022 highlights for data privacy:
- Battle between the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and a data broker over whether the FTC has authority over its practices
- U.S. Government orders federal agencies to push NIST Guideline compliance throughout the software supply chain
- Survey reports 2nd quarter jump in data breaches
- France fines Clearview over facial recognition
- A Dutch Court awards a fired employee damages from the employer’s webcam rules
- EU acts to harmonize procedural laws to aid GDPR enforcement
- Biden Administration issues Executive Order at third attempt at a safe harbor approach to allow data transfers between U.S. and EU
- First conviction of a company security chief arising from data breach response
- White House issues Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights.
Whew! A lot happening. Tune in for the meaning and implications of these events.
If you have ideas for more interviews or stories, please email email@example.com.
Privacy & Data Security Weekly Update
Need more Data Privacy updates?
Three things that happened recently. Three things you want to know. Three things moving forward. Delivered to your inbox weekly.